The A&S competition will be a single item display, documentation encouraged but not required You must teach an A&S class.
Participants will need to have three pieces prepared. The competition will be two pieces performed and a third should there need to be a tie-breaker.
Theme: Mirth and Merriment with bonus points for Sibling Rivalry.
The rules are as follows:
1) All entries may be created by hand or machine. No store-bought costumes/ clothing shall be allowed, although store-bought accessories (hats, shoes, etc.) are acceptable.
2) All entries shall be based on the time periods and cultures of the SCA (The SCA period encompasses pre-17th-century Western Europe, with an emphasis on the Middle Ages and Renaissance.)
3) All entries shall be based upon characters that are owned/ used with permission by Disney. To be specific, the following are examples of acceptable characters - Mickey/ Minnie Mouse, all Disney Princesses, Star Wars, Avengers, Spider-Man, the X-Men, Deadpool, the Fantastic Four, etc.
4) All entries may be worn either by the entrant or a designated model.
5) There are NO restrictions on fabric choices - have fun with it!
Our coordinator of the costuming contest is Baroness Jeanne-Marie la Verriere. Please contact her for more information.