This contest shall answer age-old questions such as: what if Princess Leia lived in renaissance England? What if Mickey Mouse lived in ancient Rome? What if Doctor Strange lived in France in the 1400's? What if Wolverine were a Norse berserker? Help us answer questions like these by entering the Costuming Contest!
The rules are as follows:
1) All entries may be created by hand or machine. No store-bought costumes/ clothing shall be allowed, although store-bought accessories (props, shoes, etc.) are acceptable.
2) All entries shall be based on the time periods and cultures of the SCA (The SCA period encompasses pre-17th-century Western Europe, with an emphasis on the Middle Ages and Renaissance.)
3) All entries shall be based upon characters that are owned/ used with permission by Disney. To be specific, the following are examples of acceptable characters - Mickey/ Minnie Mouse, all Disney Princesses, Star Wars, Avengers, Spider-Man, the X-Men, Deadpool, the Fantastic Four, etc.
4) All entries may be worn either by the entrant or a designated model.
5) There are NO restrictions on fabric choices - have fun with it!
For more information on the contest or the rules, please contact the contest coordinator, HE Jeanne-Marie la Verriere (Michele Hays)